Hello and welcome to another edition of our project newsletter.
Barnsley Hospital is investing £3.5m into this dedicated, co-located Children’s Emergency Department and a brand new purpose-built Children’s Assessment Unit. Co-locating these two units will provide an improved experience for children and families, and will enable the hospital to increase their capacity to treat adults in the current Emergency Department. The project is planned over three phases and is due to complete in spring 2021
Over the last few weeks, progress on site has continued to move on at pace. The roof finishes are 100% complete, with a big thank you to Malden Roofing for a fantastic and quality job.
Our mechanical and electrical subcontractors have commenced their installations on the roof and plant room levels. Complete Pipework Services have connected the ductwork and other services to the new air handling unit.
The specialist, external envelope contractor, OSG, are processing well with the rain screen cladding and you can see the finished panels, colours and shapes that provide a distinctive and individual identity to the new facility. Our plans, weather permitting will see the cladding completed before the Christmas break allowing the external works to commence immediately after.
Inside the building, now completely plastered and painted which has made a massive difference, you can now see the spaces starting to take shape. In a number of rooms, preparations have begun in readiness for applying the new vinyl flooring.
Off-site, the integrated plumbing systems (IPS) have gone into manufacture with a number of these already delivered and installed. Along with the new Mediplan bed head modules. The internal doors are nearing the end of manufacture and will be soon making their way to site.
Also progressed on-site:
– Internally, mechanical and electrical works have pushed on considerably
– Second fix works, wiring for sockets and lights is nearing completion
– The new data wiring/installation is completed
– Protec have completed their first fix works on installing the new fire alarm system
– Bicknell/Schindler have commenced work on wiring the BMS system and have made great progress installing the new BMS panels and controls for the heating and ventilation systems
– CPS is nearing completion on installing the new ventilation system and will be moving on to completing the heating system
– Fire stopping has started to all the penetrations through the fire rated walls
– External doors have now been fitted to the building
– The existing stair core has been freshly rendered and had a new coat of paint
– Works to bring ventilation into the existing ED department are underway
– All breaking through into the existing building is now complete
– Preparation works for the new suspended celling are progressing
Over the next two weeks
Over the coming weeks will see us connect the new mechanical services into the building’s existing system.
Decoration will start to push forward.
The rain screen cladding will near completion, which will complete the external look of the building.
Suspended ceiling grids will commence with second fix M&E starting to move on.