Hello and welcome to another edition of our project newsletter.
Barnsley Hospital is investing £3.5m into this dedicated, co-located Children’s Emergency Department and a brand new purpose-built Children’s Assessment Unit. Co-locating these two units will provide an improved experience for children and families, and will enable the hospital to increase their capacity to treat adults in the current Emergency Department. The project is planned over three phases and is due to complete in spring 2021
Over the last few weeks progress on site has continued to move on at pace. The roof is nearing completion, our mechanical and electrical subcontractors have commenced their works by placing the main items of plant on the roof level.
Our specialist external envelope contractor OSG have made a great start on wrapping the building in the new rain screen cladding. We’re all looking forward to seeing this complete.
Inside the building, all internal walls are now complete and by the end of the week following should see us complete the plaster finishes. In some areas, we have started to see the first coat of paint go on the walls.
Off-site we have all the internal doors and integrated plumbing systems (IPS) going into manufacture very shortly.
Also progressed on site…
– Internally mechanical and electrical works have pushed on considerably
– Second fix works, wiring for sockets and lights are well progress
– Protec have commenced work on installing the new fire alarm system
– Bicknell/Schindler have commenced work on wiring the BMS system
– CPS are nearing completion on installing the new ventilation system and will be moving on to completing the heating system
– Fordingbridge have completed the new ambulance canopy. This looks fantastic and will keep patients out of the weather on their way into the blue light entrance
– Roses medical have made light work of installing the new medical gas system.
Over the next two weeks
Over the coming weeks will see us “breaking” through into the existing Emergency Department and connecting the services from the new to the existing.
Plastering will complete with decoration, first coats onto the walls,
The roof finishes will complete and the rainscreen cladding will push on in readiness for the decorative panels.
Suspended ceiling grids will commence with second fix M&E following close behind.