These works are phase 1 of 3 phases planned to reconfigure the Cardiac Catheter Laboratories, including all required ancillary rooms and services. The laboratories will be formed within an existing area within the main theatre block on level D-E of Jubilee Wing. The work will include the replacement of the air handling units, modification to services, electrical, medical gases, cooling and heating to facilitate installation of new single and biplane X-ray equipment.
So far on site, we have:
– Completed works on level D ceilings and main cables
– Completed the installation of the sub mains cables
– Stud wall with lead line works installation plastered 95% complete
– First fix and second mechanical and electrical services continued
– New air handling unit 14 and 25 on level D plant room works continued
– Chasing out the floor screed for electrical floor trunking for Phillips
– 2 unistrut frames for Phillips ceiling-mounted equipment
– Decorator mist coat to new plastered wall
– Fitting Philips floor plates into screed and electrical trunking into the floor screed.
– Fitting IPS units for wash hand basins and scrubs
– Started fitting the floor in the control room
– Suspended ceilings started in control room Cath Lab 4
– Testing and commissioning started on the M&E works.
– Lead-lined doors and screens have started to be fitted
Over the next two weeks
- Continue with first and second fix mechanical and electrical.
- Ceiling and flooring contractor continue progressing through the site
- Wall protection in Cath Labs 3&4
- Fitting fixed furniture
- Continue fitting IPS units for scrubs and CWHB
- Commissioning M&E works
- Fire stopping works
- Medi Gases to be isolated and removed 12/12/20 so we can finish Cath Lab 4 lead works and plaster next to lead double doors fit new IPS and CWHB flooring and decorating works.
- And as always continue coordinating with our wonderful Allison about weekend works outside the site area.