These works are Phase 1 of 3 phases planned to reconfigure the Cardiac Catheter Laboratories, including all required ancillary rooms and services. The laboratories will be formed within an existing area within the main theatre block on level D-E of Jubilee Wing. The work will include the replacement of the air handling units, modification to services, electrical, medical gases, cooling and heating to facilitate installation of new single and biplane X-ray equipment.
So far on site, we have:
– Established the I&G site set up
– Medical gas works taking place on weekends in ceiling voids on corridors.
– Stud wall installation on the corridor outside Cath Lab 4 to form I&G site boundary.
– Strip out of existing mechanical and electrical services.
– Demolition of ceilings 90% and internal 200mm thick red brick walls 50%.
– Air handling unit 14 and 25 on level D plant room has been stripped out 45%.
– New Air handling unit ordered from HPI
Over the next two weeks
– Continue demolition works until finished.
– HPI continue taking out Air handling units 14 and 25 on level D plant room.
– J A Richardson’s UPS delivery for level D.
– Making good works to floor screed where old floor services were.
– I&G engineer to set out the floor trunking for the new Philips equipment.
– level D corridor works for the new electrical Infrastructure.
– Start new stud walls and lead line works in labs on level E.