About the works
We’ve been busy over the past few weeks with the electrical first fix now complete. This included:
- All cables being routed,
- The fire alert systems in and ready for the second fix,
- The battery back up is installed and commissioned.
The teams have also been working hard on the mechanical first fix, which is now 85% complete. To get to this point we’ve:
- Installed a hot and cold water feed,
- Created waste connections,
- Started work on the heating pipes,
- Created a chilled supply feed for A/C units,
- Completed installation on all the medical gas pipe work.
We’re well on the way with the partition work too – this is currently about 65% complete. To date, we’ve:
- Closed out the partitions, meaning we’ve double boarded both sides,
- We’re currently working on the lead detail, alongside making great moves forward with the lead backed boards.
Meet the team who are looking after the partitions below!
Over the next two weeks
Over the next two weeks, our focus will be on:
- making a start on the metal frame (MF) and suspended ceilings.
- making further progress with the fire, acoustic and air sealing
- installing inner product space (IPS) units
I&G celebrates turning 50
To celebrating turning 50, we’re raising funds for Kirkwood Hospice – our local hospice.
In April, our teams will be:
- hosting coffee mornings at the I&G offices and on sites
- abseiling down the K2, one Hull’s tallest buildings!
- completing a 70-mile wheelbarrow relay
If you’d like to donate, please follow the below link: